Dr. Leimbrock – C. Schmidt has been family-owned for more than 250 years (founded 1750), with a long history of producing award-winning wines. The focus is on dry and semi-dry Rieslings, and in selective occasions – Spätlese and Auslese wines. The current vineyard was founded in 1967 by Friedhelm Leimbrock and Lore Leimbrock (nee Schmidt), following in the footsteps of their forefathers Friedrich Herrmann, Dr. Wilhelm Leimbrock and Conrad Schmidt.
Their Riesling is cultivated on 22 acres (8.5 hectares) of ‘Devon’ soil (weathered slate) in some of the best locations on the Mosel - Graacher Himmelreich (0.3 ha), Bernkasteler Bratenhöfchen/Badstube (0.4 ha), Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr (0.6 ha), Brauneberger Juffer (0.9 ha), Mülheimer Sonnenlay (2.8 ha). Annual production is 7,500 9L cases; 90% of their production is sold in Europe.