Schwarz The Grower Shiraz
Schwarz Wine Co.
Australia - South Australia - Barossa Valley

Dedicated to all the Growers we work with, whose hard work and dedication to their craft enable us to purchase lucious fruit year after year. The Grower range is a testament to the amazing growers Jason has forged long-term relationships with since 2001.

The full spectrum of Barossa Shiraz's aromatic capability is here on show: from scorched earth, bitter couverture chocolate just-dried raisin, sweet red licorice and cola bean, all heady, defined and un-wound for all to see. Here. The fine line between luxurious fruit and energy is walked gracefully, it's warming and full-blooded nature tethered by lifted acidity.

Barossa Valley
Wine Type
100% Shiraz
Age of vines
between 15 and 70 years old.
All fruit was fermented in small open fermenters with wild yeast. Pump overs, hand plunging and foot stomping was carried out as required. The wines were softly pressed and kept separately until final blending.
88% of the wine was aged in seasoned French oak puncheons, hogsheads and an old 2350L wooden vat. The remaining 12% was aged in stainless steel tank.
A vegan friendly wine.
1,833 (9-liter cases)

Marbled steak or rich beef stews, roast beef, grilled bbq meats.

Producer Information: Schwarz Wine Co.

Jason Schwarz came to winemaking via a circuitous path. While he grew up surrounded by vines at his parent’s property in Bethany, he initially studied wine marketing at the University ...
Read More

Trade Resources