reportheader750

2014 Domaine du Clos de Sixte Lirac Rouge

Producer: Alain Jaume
Country/Region: France - Rhone Valley - Lirac AOC
Ratings:
WAVIN
9091

An intense red garnet color. On the nose, aromas of red and black ripe fruit (kirsch and wild blackberry). The mouth is full, with aromas of blackcurrant liqueur and spice. Tannins are both harmonious and elegant thanks to the fleshiness of the wine. Hints of licorice and vanilla on the finish, which gives the wine length and complexity.

Drink between Between 1 and 8 years

The first vintage for this wine was 2003.

2014 Domaine du Clos de Sixte Lirac Rouge
Vintage: 2014
Grape Varietals: 50% Grenache, 35% Syrah, 15% Mourvedre
ABV: 15%
Aging: 70% of the wine was aged in concrete vats while the remaining 30% were aged in French oak barrels for 16 months.
Serving Temp: 65-70°F
Closure: Cork
Agricultural Method: Organic
Production: 72,000 bottles

Wine Making Notes:

Soil types
LIRAC vineyard is facing Chateauneuf du Pape, opposite side of the Rhône river. As showed by the picture and following geologist George Truc, soils are almost similar in both side. They are marked by the violence wrought by the Rhone river. It consists of a layer of marine molasses of the Miocene period covered by alpine alluvium. The presence of a great number of rounded stones known as "galets" in the earth is evidence of the time when the Rhone, then a torrent, tore fragments of rock from the Alps and deposited them on the plain. LIRAC is one of the up-coming best area from the southern Rhône valley, as it delivers outstanding wines.

Winemaking & aging
Traditional wine-making in stainless still vats. Hand sorted bunches, crushed and destemmed grapes. Fermentation temperature : 30°C. 18 days of vatting with pigeages.


Pairings:

delicious with roasted duck or lamb.

Product Formats:

Item Number Unit Units/Case Type UPC - bottle SCC - case SRP/Unit
F0EE137057GRM 750ml 12 Glass 7 84585 00604 5 1 07 84585 00604 2 $29.99
N/A 1.5L 6 Glass 7 84585 00824 7 1 07 84585 00824 4 $59.95