The winery was founded in the early 1900's and is now owned by Serge and Ingrid Capdeville. It is located in the village of Côte Rôtie in Langoiran. The name in this area predates the Rhône Valley appellation of Côte Rôtie, which allows them to use the phrase in their name.
This 10 hectare vineyard (24.7 acres) is located on a hillside with a southern exposure. The soil is a mix of clay, limestone and gravel.