Grapes for this sparkling cuvee are hand harvested, pressed lightly for first run juice and fermented "sur lie" at low temperature using indigenous yeasts. The finished still wine is fermented in the bottle for a second time with champagne yeasts. It is then left to age on the lees, or dead yeast, for at least a year before shipping as finished sparkling wine. Its long lasting bubbles are the result of this second fermentation.
This is coming from a 2-hectare parcel, planted on clay and silica soils with a Gneiss and Orthogneiss subsoil. A particular attention is given to Soil ploughing and soil scraping with a strict Canopy management.
The pruning technique used for this vineyard is Simple Guyot.
VINIFICATION AND REFINING:
Organically farmed since 1975.
Biodynamic – Demeter certified since 1998
- 100 % hand-picked grapes
- Reception of the grape harvest by gravity.
- No use of pumps.
- Pneumatic pressing.
- No racking of the must.
- Fermentation 100 % natural yeast.
- Aged “on the lees” in underground vats covered with glass
- Second fermentation in the bottle with champagne yeast.
- Stored horizontally “sur lattes” for a minimum of 9
- No sugar added after disgorgeing.
Scallops, smoked salmon, sea bass and a creamy lemon sauce, chicken curry or cooked oysters.