Domaine Philippe Milan et Fils is located in the hamlet of Valotte in Chassey-Le-Camp (20 kms NW of Chalon-sur-Saone). The winery is run by owner and winemaker Karl Milan, who took over the family estate in 2001. Philippe Milan, Karl’s grandfather, founded the winery in the 1950’s.
Date Founded: 1950
Owner: Karl Milan
The Estate was Founded in the 1950's by Karl's Grand Father. Karl Milan is the owner and winemaker. He took over the family Estate and his first vintage was 2001.
Winery Acreage: 27 acres
Winemaker: Karl Milan
The vineyards are located between Chalon-sur-Saône and Beaune.
They currently own 11 hectares (27 acres) and work in the following AOC: • Bourgogne Aligoté - 2.6 hectares (100% sold to the Domestic market) • Cote Chalonnaise • Rully and Rully Premier Cru • Mercurey and Mercurey Premier Cru • Maranges Premier Cru • Santenay Premier Cru • Pommard
Their production is between 5500 to 6700 9-liter cases (depending on the harvest), split 50% white wines and 50% red wines. 90% of their production is sold in France, leaving only 10% for export.