Champagne with rich and structured aromas. Very pleasant and generous roundness, nice length in mouth. Golden color with buttery and fruity aromas. All the expression of a magnificent terroir for your most pleasurable moments.
|Vintage:||2012||Grape Varietals:||100% chardonnay – Blanc de Blancs||ABV:||12.5%|
|Aging:||5 years on laths|
To be a member of this Club, Champagne producers have to elaborate their Cuvées in their own facility, meaning the harvest, pressing, bottling, ridding, disgorging, etc., have to be done at the domaine/estate. Then, only the Recoltants-Manipulants are accepted.
Everybody has to respect the Club’s rules to ensure the quality:
- * Only vintages * (A Special Club champagne may only be produced in outstanding vintages)
- Two blind tastings by a panel of passionate and distinguished oenologists and wine makers to control the quality: the first one after the blending, when the wine is still “Vin Clair” (juice) and another after the 3 years (or more) of ageing “sur lattes”.
- There are 28 members, each of whom can produce his Special Club with his own techniques: * blending or “monocru” (only one grape variety) * “blanc de blancs” or “blanc de noirs”; ageing from 3 to 10 years, brut or extra-brut. 4 year ageing minimum. Strict selection of plots only made out of old vineyards.
"The Club Trésors", created in 1971, was the first association of wine makers in Champagne to advocate an approach to viticulture based on the utmost standards of quality. Since the creation of this pioneering association the members have strived to preserve the essence of their various terroirs and to promote the exceptional character of their wines.
Lobster, scallops or desserts
|Item Number||Unit||Units/Case||Type||UPC - bottle||SCC - case||SRP/Unit|
|F4EE890030CHM||750ml||6||Glass||7 84585 01096 7||1 07 84585 01096 4||$80.00|
"Produced from old vines in the Grand Cru vineyards of Chouilly in the Côte des Blancs, this is a beautifully crisp, ripe wine, showing taut fruit and fine, stylish acidity. As a Special Club bottling, it adheres to stringent qualitative guidelines set out by an elite group of growers. Still young, it will be best from 2019. - Roger Voss"
- Wine Enthusiast (May 2017), 94 pts
"This Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs offers a complex mélange of pear and apple with touches of lime citrus and pastry. It’s broad and rich on the palate with emphatic chalky mineral notes that persist on a long, flavorful finish. Spends a minimum of 5 years on the lees."
- International Wine Review (Champagnes & Sparkling Wines for the Holidays: The Best of 2018), 93 pts
"This firm version is enriched by flavors of poached apple, slivered almond and candied kumquat, with an exotic hint of dried papaya riding the lively bead. Chalky finish. Drink now through 2025. 500 cases made. "
- Wine Spectator (web only 2015), 91 pts
"In perfect balance now, this is a great expression of mineral-driven Chardonnay. Its acidity is a vehicule for the crisp flavors of pear and lime, with a hint of ginger. It's still young, so drink it now for its great fruit, or age for four more years."
Wine Enthusiast (December 1st 2012), 92 pts + CELLAR SELECTION
"Well-knit, with a fine texture and a subtle blend of Gala apple, bread dough, pickled ginger, apricot and meringue. Shows good intensity through to the minerally finish. Drink now through 2022. 500 cases made. –AN"
Wine Spectator (November 30, 2012), 92 pts
"Light yellow-gold. Lively, mineral-accented aromas of lemon pith, white flowers and chalk, with a subtle leesy nuance in the background. Racy and precise, offering good cut to its citrus and orchard fruit flavors. A hint of anise comes up with air and carries through the long, stony finish. "
Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar (Josh Raynolds, November/December 2012), 90 pts