Crushed gently and dropped by gravity into 1.5 ton bins, cold soaked 48 to 72 hours, then inoculated with a variety of yeasts, hand punched and pressed directly to barrel where the wine finished both primary and secondary fermentations. The best barrels of the separate lots of Cabernet Franc were combined after 12 months of barrel aging and allowed to coalesce for an additional 6 months.
Appelation: Wahluke Slope
Vineyards: • 86% Weinbau Vineyard (Wahluke Slope) • 9% Ciel du Cheval Vineyard (Red Mountain) • 5% Tapteil Vineyard (Red Mountain)
Blend: • 100% Cabernet Franc
Cooperage: 20% new French oak with the remaining 80% older French oak. Select barrels from the best forests of Taransaud, Millet, Vicard, Boutes and Dargaud and Jaegle coopers.