The Arnaud family has owned the Château Cabrières property for three generations. In 2009, Guy Arnaud handed over the estate to his daughter, Agnes who married Patrick Vernier. Today, Agnes and Patrick are running the estate together.
The name ‘Cabrières’ comes from the Latin name Capraria, designating a place where goats are raised.
Château Cabrières is located in the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, in the Vaucluse department. The property dates back many centuries, indicated by a bread oven door that was discovered and preserved - the stone cut recalls the technique used in the 14th and 15th centuries. This proves the historic nature of the Chateau and its vine stock, both of which benefit from the flinty nature of the local soil, where vines have been planted since 1344.
The CDP vineyard is situated on the high tablelands, which are characteristic of the northern area of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. The terrain consists mainly of alpine diluvium and chalky Miocenian soil, with large flint pebbles covering the surface. These pebbles conserve the heat of the day during the night, thus avoiding too much evaporation.