Fattoria Montepescini is located in the area known as "Castelvecchio" that dates back to the year 1,000, in the oldest part of the medieval village of Montepescini. The area has been home to agriculture for centuries.
The grandfather Armidio came to Montepescini in 1950 as a sharecropper. In 1956 he bought the land and became a farmer. He used the produced wine for himself and sold it in bulk to the neighbors. Massimiliano Governi - the third generation - joined the estate in 2000 and started bottling and marketing the wine.