The Wiffen family have owned their Marlborough property 'St. Claire' since 1907. Situated on the Southern side of the Wairau valley floor, only a short distance from the centre of town. The property has free draining Alluvial soils with some pockets of richer soil. The vineyard was first planted in 1980 with the first harvests being sold to other wineries on contract. 1997 saw the first release under the properties own Charles Wiffen label.
The vineyard now totals 50 hectares, producing Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Merlot, Pinot Noir and we have new plantings of Pinot Gris and Gewurztraminer.