PDF 
Antica Vigna Ripasso Valpolicella
Tenute Salvaterra
Italy - Veneto - Valpolicello Ripasso DOC

Ripasso Superiore DOC is an elegant and refined wine, pours a beautiful intense ruby in which fresh shades prevail. Spicy but with cherry hints and wild berries notes, it features great personality and complexity. In the palate it is rich, very fruity, elegant and still young but already
very well-orchestrated, with the typical notes of wild berries that blend well with the complexity of the wine.

Specifications
Appellation
Valpolicello Ripasso DOC
Wine Type
Red
Varietal(s)
50% Corvina, 45% Rondinella and 5% Merlot
Age of vines
up to 48 years old
Agricultural Practices
Sustainable
Soil type
Limestone
Vinification
Manual harvest in early October, natural drying in fruit cellar for 3/4 months which results in a 30% weight reduction. Soft crushing of destemmed grapes in January and February. About 30 days fermentation at controlled temperatures. 80% aged 6 months in American and French barries (2/3), half is then aged a second and third time in large barrels; remaining 20% aged in steel.
Pairings

Pairs well with grilled and roasted meats, as well as cheese.

Producer Information: Tenute Salvaterra

The winery is located in the heart of Valpolicella, in the magnificent Villa Giona, dating back to the sixteenth century, in San Pietro in Cariano. The Company was established in ...
Read More

Trade Resources