Azienda Agricola Collemattoni is located on a hilltop on the south side of the municipal area of Montalcino, just a short distance from the village of Sant’Angelo in Colle. The winery is named for the farmhouse that has become its trademark. The farmhouse dates back to at least 1672, when it was registered in the parish archives as a family home.
Collemattoni was founded in 1985 by father and son team Adon & Marcello Bucci. Marcello studied winemaking in Siena, and after interning with wineries in Montalcino, where he worked with famous winemakers and agronomists, he convinced his father Adon to start their own project. In 1980, Ado purchased the land and farmhouse from the church, and the Bucci family began producing wine. Their first vintage of Collemattoni Brunello di Montacino was 1988. The main philosophy is the choice to have small plots (vineyards) in different areas of the Southern part of Montalcino community: from South East to South West. This allows to have a very balanced Brunello di Montalcino - a mix of structure and elegance.
Marcello’s passion & initiative continues today; he is the winemaker and the heart of Collemattoni.
The Bucci family owns nearly 11 hectares of vineyards, mostly planted with Sangiovese, on five different parcels:
Production is around 5,000 cases per year. Collematoni has been using organic farming methods for several years, and the winery was certified organic in 2012.