Château d´Etroyes is located in the village of Mercurey, in the heart of the Cote Chalonnaise. Mercurey takes its name from Mercury - the God of Commerce - to whom the Romans dedicated a temple.
The Protheau family has been growing vines in Burgundy from father to son for 7 generations and since 1720 the vineyards have progressively expanded to now reach 50 hectares in the terroirs of Mercurey and Rully.
Chateau d'Etroyes has committed to a sustainable viticulture since 2003, in order to better control the quality of the vines and respect the environment The estate returned to the plowing of the soil and pays special attention to the aeration of the grapevine vegetation and the control of the grape's load.
The wines are vinified in Clos de L'évêque wine cellar equipped with state-of-the-art technology - stainless steel vats that are thermo regulated by a robotic pigeage system and pneumatic presses of the latest generation.