The estate has been operated by the Larriaut family since 1890, and Château Camus itself since 1923. Today, it is run by Joris Larriaut who represents the 4th generation.
The family used to practice polyculture, a mixed farming of vines, pear trees, and tobacco plants, but in the 1960s, Jean-Pierre Larriaut decided to convert his gravelly and silico-gravel soils into a single landscape: vineyards. For the reds, he planted Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, and for the whites, Sauvignon and Semillon. Today, the estate spreads over 11 hectares (27 acres).
The gravel and pebble-based soils give birth to a racy red wine with great aromatic power (blackcurrant, cherry, cinnamon) and great aging potential and a dry white wine with lively and crisp aromas of citrus fruit and white flowers.