Antica Vigna Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG Riserva
Tenute Salvaterra
Italy - Veneto - Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG

Amarone DOCG has maintained unchanged its typicality, so that “the essence of the territory” of Valle di Mezzane and Cazzano di Tramigna powerfully emerges. Rich in color, firmly structured but with fresh notes. This wine has personality and is also able to convey elegance and depth upon tasting. In the palate it is rich and deep, elegant and potent at the same time, still young but already very balanced, with the typical notes of currant and wild berries that blend well with the complexity of the wine.

Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG
Wine Type
50% Corvina, 45% Rondinella and 5% Merlot
Age of vines
up to 48 years old
Agricultural Practices
Soil type
Manual harvest in mid-September and vinified fresh. Soft crushed of destemmed grapes. Seven to ten days temperature controlled fermentation and 15 days secondary fermentation on Amarone skins. 80% aged 6 months in American and French barries (2/3), half is then aged a second and third time in large barrels; remaining 20% aged in steel.

Pairs well with grilled and roasted meats, as well as cheese.

Producer Information: Tenute Salvaterra

The winery is located in the heart of Valpolicella, in the magnificent Villa Giona, dating back to the sixteenth century, in San Pietro in Cariano. The Company was established in ...
Read More

Trade Resources