Les Gentilhommes Macon Peronne
Maurice Martin
France - Burgundy - Macon Peronne

A gentilhomme is a gentleman characterized by his delicacy, thoughtfulness, and courtesy. "Les Gentilhommes" was created by brothers Richard and Stephane Martin as brand embodying the gentleman's character combined with Burgundian know-how.
From the work in the vineyard to the vinification in barrel, they are inspired to share these noble values. Quality, authenticity and long family tradition are the foundation of these wines.

This single-vineyard Chardonnay is produced in the village of Péronne, in the heart of the Maconnais region in Burgundy, from 40 year-old vines planted on the limestone based soils of the Mount Epin.

A beautiful golden color with green reflections, delicate toasty notes and attractive aromas of citrus and ripe summer fruits combine with floral and honey nuances that are typical of the old vines.
Fresh, ample and full-bodied on the palate, the wine is perfect by itself as an aperitif and delicious during the meal.

Macon Peronne
Wine Type
100% Chardonnay
Age of vines
Average 40 years
Agricultural Practices
Soil type
Calcareous marls
15% of the wine were aged in Oak barrels for 9 months, the other 85% were aged on the lees in stainless steel tanks.
The resulting wine is fresh, with nice aromatic and great balance between acidity, fruit, oak and minerality.
Wine went through Malo-Lactic fermentation.
Wine was slightly filtered before bottling.
410 (9-liter cases)

Excellent with poultry and veal. Can be also enjoyed with soft cheeses. 

Reviews and News

2020 Les Gentilhommes Macon Peronne - Extraordinary - WP

2020 Les Gentilhommes Macon Peronne - Extraordinary - WP

wplogo"Burgundy’s Mâcon region is famous for affordable chardonnays that offer terrific value. This one delivers layers of orchard fruit flavors with a slight floral accent, like slices of ripe peach drizzled with wildflower honey. The wine is not at all sweet, though — it is tight and minerally with a long persistence. You may be tempted to drink this on its own, but it should pair well with all sorts of poultry and seafood dishes."

- The Washington Post (February 2022), *** Extraordinary

Producer Information: Maurice Martin

Domaine Maurice Martin was established in 1974. Maurice is the father of Richard and Stéphane Martin of Domaine de la Croix Senaillet.

The label today is an exact replica of the ...
Read More

Trade Resources