Maranones Tinto 30000 Maravedies
Bodega Maranones
Spain - Sierra de Gredos - D.O. Vinos de Madrid

“The first of our red wines would be 30,000 maravedíes, which is our Comarca wine, a regional wine, village wine.
30,000 maravedíes is the coming together of all soils, orientations, dominantly Garnacha at 90 percent with a remaining 10 percent of local grapes. 

The name also reflects the union between history, the winery, the structure and the place. Álvaro de Luna paid 30,000 maravedíes to buy the whole region from the monks who fostered the cultivation of the vine. It is a historical name. It refers to what was paid for the Valley and pays homage to the Valley. It also evokes what the monks had developed. This history is part of our heritage and we continue it.

This village wine wants to tell you the whole history of the Valley. At the end it delivers a structure tending towards the mineral, the floral, length, fruitiness and ease of drinking.”

30-70 year-old vines produce a vibrant, fresh wine that boasts juicy red berry, wild herb, flower and balsamic flavors with hints of sweet spice. Smooth tannins provide finesse and longevity.

D.O. Vinos de Madrid
Wine Type
90% Garnacha and 10% local grape varietals called Morenillo (Morate)
Age of vines
Between 30 and 70 years old
Agricultural Practices
Soil type
Very diverse soils from our valley, but mainly weathered slate, granite and schist.
Hand-harvested in 12kg crates then transported to the winery for a 24-hour cold pre-fermentative maceration in a mix of oak vats and stainless-steel tanks. Fermented with mostly whole clusters and natural yeast in both open-topped, French oak vats and stainless steel tanks with regular pigeage and foot-treading. 8 months on the lees in French oak vats between 2,500-11,500 liters and an additional 2 months in 45-hl oak vats after blending.
1,050 (9-liter cases)

Turkey sandwich ! 

Producer Information: Bodega Maranones

Marañones Winery is a coming together of vineyards and people. Our winery logo conveys this idea through the representation of various spaces assembled into one.Our people are devoted to wine ...
Read More

Trade Resources