PDF 
Arzuaga Ribera del Duero Crianza
Bodegas Arzuaga
Spain - Castilla y Leon - Ribera del Duero

The Crianza is mainly produced from Tempranillo: 80% come from La Maquinilla vineyard - the oldest of La Planta farm and cultivated at 911 meters of altitude in calcareous clay soils with limestone rock, one meter away from the surface. The other 20% come from centuries-old vineyards of pebbled and sandy soils, from the area in the province of Burgos.

Dark cherry color with purple highlights. Powerful nose and high aromatic diversity of ripe red and black fruits, spicy and balsamic notes, and a roasted finish. Soft and mellow in the mouth with a great fruitiness and length.

Specifications
Appellation
Ribera del Duero
Wine Type
Red
Varietal(s)
94% Tempranillo and 6% Cabernet Sauvignon
Soil type
Clay & Limestone
Vinification
In mid-October, at the optimum point of maturation, the bunches were harvested then passed through a selection table and destemmed to be placed in stainless steel tanks, where after a few days macerating in cold, they fermented at a maximum temperature of 27ºC. Aged for 16 months in oak barrels (60% French and 40% American).
Production
54,100 (9-liter cases)
Pairings

Ideal companion for red meats (big game), Bluefish, and soft cheeses. 

Reviews and News

2018 Arzuaga Ribera del Duero Crianza - 92 PTS - VINOUS

2018 Arzuaga Ribera del Duero Crianza - 92 PTS - VINOUS

vinous logo"Dark violet. Smoke- and spice-accented cherry, blackberry, vanilla and mocha aromas show fine definition and pick up a hint of pipe tobacco as the wine stretches out. Sweet and expansive on the palate, offering intense dark berry, cherry-vanilla and licorice flavors that are sharpened by a peppery nuance. Shows strong energy and spicy thrust on the persistent finish, which is given shape by smooth, harmonious tannins. - Josh Raynolds"

- Antonio Galloni's Vinous (February 2021), 92 pts

2018 Arzuaga Ribera del Duero Crianza - 92 PTS - Gold Medal - BTI

2018 Arzuaga Ribera del Duero Crianza - 92 PTS - Gold Medal - BTI

bti"Indigo color. Aromas of cassis preserves, cinnamon, cumin, shaved coconut, lemon zest, leather, and green olives with a velvety, vibrant, fruity medium body and a smooth, complex, long hints of roasted coffee beans, cured meats, and dark chocolate finish with moderate oak flavor. An indulgent Ribera del Duero with a kaleidoscope of harmonizing flavors."

- Beverage Testing Institute (February 2021), 92 pts

 

2018 Arzuaga Ribera del Duero Crianza - 91 PTS - JS

2018 Arzuaga Ribera del Duero Crianza - 91 PTS - JS

james suckling hq logo plain"Medium-to full-bodied, round-tannined and juicy. Some new wood showing through. Succulent, fruity finish. Drink and enjoy."

- James Suckling (October 2020), 91 pts

2017 Arzuaga Ribera del Duero Crianza - 95 PTS - DECANTER

2017 Arzuaga Ribera del Duero Crianza - 95 PTS - DECANTER

decanter gold 2020"(95 Tempranillo and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon) This is a big wine with alluring aromas of cedary oak and black fruit. Ripe palate of black berries, some dark chocolate and integrated, polished oak. Long spicy finish. Classy Ribera."

- Decanter (DWWA 2020), 95 pts

GOLD MEDAL at the Decanter World Wine Award 2020

Producer Information: Bodegas Arzuaga

Florentino Arzuaga founded Bodegas Arzuaga-Navarro in the early 1990’s, after purchasing La Planta estate.

La Planta estate is in the heart of Arzuaga’s extensive vineyards in Quintanilla de Onésimo. The estate, ...
Read More

Trade Resources